Decommissioned devices put themselves back into Production
Adam Dirks
2013-08-05 13:03:56 UTC
Adam Dirks [http://community.zenoss.org/people/adam.dirks] created the discussion

"Re: RE: Decommissioned devices put themselves back intoProduction"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74293#74293

All-

I know this topic is pretty old, but I'm encountering this exact same issue now.  I move a server into a decommissioned state and the next day, it's back into production.  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

Jared Ready
2013-08-06 16:35:22 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Re: Decommissioned devices put themselves back into Production"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74304#74304

We had this issue back in 3.x days. We found out it was due to a bug in maintenance windows that caused the device to go back into the production state that it was originally entered into zenoss at the end of the window.

Adam Dirks
2013-08-06 17:22:21 UTC
Adam Dirks [http://community.zenoss.org/people/adam.dirks] created the discussion

"Re: Decommissioned devices put themselves back into Production"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74279#74279

Thanks for the reply Jared.  Do you know what I can do to resolve it?  I have checked maintenance windows and from what I can tell, we have none set.  Thank you!