Problems getting event commands to work.
Court Harris
2012-08-27 21:43:15 UTC
Court Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/courtneyjh] created the discussion

"Problems getting event commands to work."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68191#68191

I am having a problem getting any event commands to work on a server/service failure. The monitor agents are picking up the failures properly, but I can't get anything to respond as intented in the event commands. I have created an Event Command and associated it with the Event Class begins with /Status/Winservice. In the command window I have:

sqsh -S Data -U dw -P 1234
go
use ServerBalance
go
update MaxServerLevel set MaxLevel='55'
go
quit

This command works fine in a terminal and I have setup my ODBC connections ok and the data is being updated if I run this solely outside of Zenoss. What am I missing?

I also have another event command associated with the Event Class begins with /Status/Winservice which is supposed to use the updated winexe module to restart the service. I don't seem to be able to get any type of Event command to run properly.

winexe -U "${dev/zWinUser}%${dev/zWinPassword}" //${dev/manageIp} 'net start "${evt/component}"'

I am running Zenoss 3.2.1 on Ubuntu. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on trying to get this to work for two days!