Infrastructure Tab Hangs and Stack Trace in Event Log
dpetzel
2012-03-15 18:46:46 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Infrastructure Tab Hangs and Stack Trace in Event Log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65238#65238

Anyone seen this before on 3.2.1? My infrastructure tab just hangs (which may or may not be related to the stack). But I see the below traceback in the event.log over and over. I can reproduce the traceback on deman by attempting to find the broken device.
dev = dmd.Devices.findDevice("MyDevice")
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/DeviceClass.py", line 452, in findDevice
    if ret: return ret[0].getObject()
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/CatalogBrains.py", line 92, in getObject
    target = parent.restrictedTraverse(path[-1])
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py", line 310, in restrictedTraverse
    return self.unrestrictedTraverse(path, default, restricted=True)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py", line 293, in unrestrictedTraverse
    raise e
NotFound: MyDevice
zenchkrels -x 1 -r ran cleanly, but didnt help.
https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCABestPractices#Finding_and_cleaning_up_34ghost_devices_34 https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCABestPractices#Finding_and_cleaning_up_34ghost_devices_34 ran without incident (albeit it took several hours)

dpetzel
2012-03-20 21:51:34 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Infrastructure Tab Hangs and Stack Trace in Event Log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65352#65352

bump. Any ideas?

dpetzel
2012-03-21 18:45:17 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Infrastructure Tab Hangs and Stack Trace in Event Log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65370#65370

Thanks to rmatte, zenfixit.py was the answer to fixing this.