using event Resource instead of evt/device
ieldib
2012-08-25 00:55:02 UTC
ieldib [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ieldib] created the discussion

"using event Resource instead of evt/device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68123#68123

Hi guys,

I am firing off an event command  that required passing off evt/device. However we added these devices by IP since there was no local DNS setup at the time.  I was wondering how I could use the Resource field  (since it has the valid device name in it) instead of evt/device i don't believe evt/resource will work.

Thanks