zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped
Ajith Kumar
2013-10-22 06:50:46 UTC
Ajith Kumar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ajithkumar416] created the discussion

"zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75019#75019

Hi Experts,

In my prod environment, the zenjmxnotificationlistener daomons was stopped. I am totally new for the zenoss. can any one help me wats the use of this daomons and what i have to do to resolve the below error.

Error reading zenjmxnotificationlistener log file '/opt/zenoss/log/zenjmxnotificationlistener.log':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/zenoss/log/zenjmxnotificationlistener.log'

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-23 04:07:11 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75024#75024

Hi Ajith,
             What is the output of the command zenoss xstatus? Do you have problem in starting zenjmx daemon? Kindly mention the problem that you are facing?

Thanks
Sandeep

Ajith Kumar
2013-10-23 05:35:35 UTC
Ajith Kumar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ajithkumar416] created the discussion

"Re: zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75032#75032

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply !!!

I dont think so i will face challenge to start the daemons but before that
i just want to know the usage of the particular daemons(Its in developing
stage) and i have found the below logs. So my concern is why its got
stopped

Logs:

Error reading zenjmxnotificationlistener log file
'/opt/zenoss/log/zenjmxnotificationlistener.log':

http://community.zenoss.org/message/75032#75032#75032/Errno 2 Re: zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped No such file or directory:
'/opt/zenoss/log/zenjmxnotificationlistener.log'

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-23 06:58:11 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75025#75025

Hi Ajith,
           I had checked my zenoss instance  [Enterprise 4.1.1] i coudnt find the above mentioned logs anywhere in the filesystem :(

Thanks
Sandeep

jcurry
2013-10-23 09:13:43 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: zenjmxnotificationlistener Demons stopped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75041#75041

You may not need jmz at all - it is provided by ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX - it just provided a monitoring template to collect data using JMX.

I also cannot find your referenced logfile in my Core 4.2.3 system.  I have looked through the ZenPack code and don't find an obvious reference to your log file.  I DO have a zenjmx.log in /opt/zenoss/log.  Where did you find this error message refering to zenjmxnotificationlistener.log?  Which logfile?

2 things.  What versions of Zenoss are you running? (It is always worth quoting this when you raise an issue).  What version of the jmx zenpack do you have.  You might post here the output of the command
zenpack --list

I suppose it is possible that you have a different ZenPack installed that might also be using JMX.

Cheers,
Jane