I Can´t add device!
Martin Nogueira
2012-10-04 16:36:20 UTC
Martin Nogueira [http://community.zenoss.org/people/martin.nogueira%40outlook.com] created the discussion

"I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68862#68862

I install zenoss 4.2 from a Virtual Apliance. When I try to add any device I get the follow error:" (Errnor104) Conection reset by peer" and then " error adding device job " Could somebody helpme? I can`t add any device yet!

Thanks in advance!

Shane Scott
2012-10-08 16:17:27 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68923#68923

Martin:

Give it a restart and try again. How many devices are in the instance now?

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-12 23:35:12 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69138#69138

I have the same problem here on a Zenoss 4.2 fresh install over Centos 6.3.
The only device currently registered is localhost.
When I try to add a new device I get [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
The problem persists even after I restart the server
Does anybody know a way to overcome this?
Thank you

dpetzel
2012-10-12 23:41:54 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69124#69124

Can you run the following commands as root and provide the output?
service zenoss status
service rabbitmq-server status
service memcached status
service mysqld status

Hector Akamine
2012-10-15 17:09:55 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69198#69198

Hi dpetzel,
There seems to be a problem with zenhub according to the output below. I tried restarting zenoss with service zenoss restart with no luck. Any advice on how to fix this?

# service zenoss status
Daemon: zeneventserver program running; pid=27564
Daemon: zopectl program running; pid=27637
Daemon: zenhub not running
Daemon: zenjobs program running; pid=27732
Daemon: zeneventd program running; pid=27770
Daemon: zenping program running; pid=27822
Daemon: zensyslog program running; pid=27881
Daemon: zenstatus program running; pid=27910
Daemon: zenactiond program running; pid=27945
Daemon: zentrap program running; pid=27977
Daemon: zenmodeler program running; pid=28010
Daemon: zenperfsnmp program running; pid=28041
Daemon: zencommand program running; pid=28071
Daemon: zenprocess program running; pid=28099
Daemon: zenrrdcached program running; pid=28103
Daemon: zenjmx program running; pid=28141
Daemon: zeneventlog program running; pid=28180
Daemon: zenwin program running; pid=28215
Daemon: zenwinperf program running; pid=28264

dpetzel
2012-10-15 17:46:24 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69189#69189

take a look at zenhub.log and event.log to see if anything useful is in those logs.

Hector Akamine
2012-10-15 18:21:21 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69199#69199

This is the output at zenhub.log when doing a zenoss restart. Any hint on what  can be wrong?

2012-10-15 17:17:48,609 INFO zen.HubService.RenderConfig: Starting graph retrieval listener on port 8090
2012-10-15 17:17:51,629 INFO zen.zenoss.protocols.amqp: amqp connection was closed [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2012-10-15 17:17:54,631 INFO zen.zenoss.protocols.amqp: amqp connection was closed [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2012-10-15 17:17:54,631 ERROR zen.ZenHub: Unable to send an event
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/zenhub.py", line 576, in sendEvent
    self.zem.sendEvent(Event(**kw))
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/MySqlSendEvent.py", line 60, in sendEvent
    event = self._publishEvent(event)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/MySqlSendEvent.py", line 82, in _publishEvent
    publisher.publish(event)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenMessaging/queuemessaging/publisher.py", line 283, in publish
    self._publish("$RawZenEvents", routing_key, event, mandatory=mandatory, immediate=immediate)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenMessaging/queuemessaging/publisher.py", line 302, in _publish
    mandatory, immediate)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenMessaging/queuemessaging/publisher.py", line 376, in publish
    headers=headers, declareExchange=declareExchange)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zenoss/protocols/amqp.py", line 138, in publish
    raise Exception("Could not publish message. Connection may be down")
Exception: Could not publish message. Connection may be down
2012-10-15 17:18:00,339 INFO zen.zenoss.protocols.amqp: amqp connection was closed [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2012-10-15 17:18:03,342 INFO zen.zenoss.protocols.amqp: amqp connection was closed [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

dpetzel
2012-10-15 19:08:25 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69208#69208

Looks like a problem with rabbitmq. Any chance you could run this (VERY NEW) tool, and see if its able to determine anything? https://github.com/dpetzel/zenoss_analyzer https://github.com/dpetzel/zenoss_analyzer

Hector Akamine
2012-10-15 22:12:24 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69222#69222

Thank you for the script. This is what the output looks like:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Connecting to your Zenoss Database to gather Additional Information
NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE
You Are Running Version 4.2.0
expr: syntax error
OK - You are running with the suggested amount of RAM. http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13400 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13400
analyze.sh: line 137: [: -lt: unary operator expected
OK - You are running with the suggested amount of CPU Cores. http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13400 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13400
OK - zenoss User Exists
ERROR - Daemon: zenhub not running
OK - mysql service is running
OK - rabbitmq-server service is running
OK - memcached service is running
ERROR - Configured amqpuser ("zenoss") missing inside rabbitmq
Error: {no_such_user,<<"zenoss">>}
WARNING - RabbitMQ Permissions for user zenoss on vhost /zenoss are not the default.
analyze.sh: line 200: sudo: command not found
analyze.sh: line 202: sudo: command not found
analyze.sh: line 204: sudo: command not found
ERROR - /dev/shm is not readable by the Zenoss user. Please refer to
WARNING - You appear to be running 4.2.0 without any Service Packs. Please see http://wiki.zenoss.org/Zenoss_Core_4.2.0_SP1 http://wiki.zenoss.org/Zenoss_Core_4.2.0_SP1
WARNING - You have not explicitly configured file descriptors per http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13428 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13428
Your Score : 50%
Please review the output above for suggestions and recommendations to improve your Zenoss installation
If you are interested in additional information around performance tuning, please review:
* http://community.zenoss.org/message/51111#51111 http://community.zenoss.org/message/51111
* http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13402 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13402

I installed RabbitMQ following the Zenoss Core Installation Guide (chapter 3.2.7), without modifying any config file for it (as the guide says it is not required). Do I need to configure some settings?

dpetzel
2012-10-16 00:36:49 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69220#69220

Did you happen to rename your server after installing rabbitmq or zenoss? The errors seem to indicate the the zenoss user is not configured inside of rabbitmq

As *root* can you try running
/opt/zenoss/bin/zenoss_init_pre
This will reset the rabbitmq user information.

Hector Akamine
2012-10-16 16:28:59 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69261#69261

I ran zenoss_init_pre and after restarting zenoss, I have zenhub running now but have othe processes not working:

# /opt/zenoss/bin/zenoss_init_pre
Checking RRDtool version >= 1.4.7: [ OK ] 1.4.7
Adding RabbitMQ user: zenoss
Adding RabbitMQ vhost: /zenoss
Setting RabbitMQ permissions for user: zenoss
Dropping database: zodb_session
Creating database: zodb_session
Applying schema version: 1
Dropping database: zodb
Creating database: zodb
Applying schema version: 1
Creating database: zenoss_zep
make zope instance.
(this can take a few minutes)

# /etc/init.d/zenoss restart
Daemon: zenwinperf stopping...
already stopped
Daemon: zenwin stopping...
already stopped
Daemon: zeneventlog stopping...
already stopped
Daemon: zenjmx stopping...
already stopped
Daemon: zenrrdcached stopping...
Daemon: zenprocess stopping...
Daemon: zencommand stopping...
Daemon: zenperfsnmp stopping...
Daemon: zenmodeler stopping...
Daemon: zentrap stopping...
Daemon: zenactiond stopping...
Daemon: zenstatus stopping...
Daemon: zensyslog stopping...
Daemon: zenping stopping...
Daemon: zeneventd stopping...
Daemon: zenjobs stopping...
Daemon: zenhub stopping...
Daemon: zopectl .
daemon process stopped
Daemon: zeneventserver stopping...
Daemon: zeneventserver starting...
Waiting for zeneventserver to start.......
Daemon: zopectl .
daemon process started, pid=24115
Daemon: zenhub starting...
Daemon: zenjobs starting...
Daemon: zeneventd starting...
Daemon: zenping starting...
Daemon: zensyslog starting...
Daemon: zenstatus starting...
Daemon: zenactiond starting...
Daemon: zentrap starting...
Daemon: zenmodeler starting...
Daemon: zenperfsnmp starting...
Daemon: zencommand starting...
Daemon: zenprocess starting...
Daemon: zenrrdcached starting...
Daemon: zenjmx starting...
/opt/zenoss/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/zenoss/zenjmx.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Daemon: zeneventlog starting...
/opt/zenoss/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/zenoss/zeneventlog.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Daemon: zenwin starting...
/opt/zenoss/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/zenoss/zenwin.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Daemon: zenwinperf starting...
/opt/zenoss/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/zenoss/zenwinperf.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
[***@s2-vm100 zenoss_analyzer]# /etc/init.d/zenoss status
Daemon: zeneventserver program running; pid=24035
Daemon: zopectl program running; pid=24115
Daemon: zenhub program running; pid=24167
Daemon: zenjobs program running; pid=24242
Daemon: zeneventd program running; pid=24295
Daemon: zenping program running; pid=24328
Daemon: zensyslog program running; pid=24419
Daemon: zenstatus program running; pid=24400
Daemon: zenactiond program running; pid=24437
Daemon: zentrap program running; pid=24536
Daemon: zenmodeler program running; pid=24522
Daemon: zenperfsnmp program running; pid=24555
Daemon: zencommand program running; pid=24585
Daemon: zenprocess program running; pid=24614
Daemon: zenrrdcached program running; pid=24618
Daemon: zenjmx not running
Daemon: zeneventlog not running
Daemon: zenwin not running
Daemon: zenwinperf not running

Did this break anything?

Shane Scott
2012-10-16 16:33:17 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69266#69266

Hector:

I'm thinking there's a path issue. Those various py files are found under $ZENHOME/Products normally and are being called by scripts in $ZENHOME/bin.

Whats your root .bash_profile and .bashrc look like?

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-16 16:51:03 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69264#69264

Hi Shane,

These are the contents of .bash_profile and .bashrc for root and user zenoss. If the shell config files are incorrect, I don't understand why I didn't have these errors before running zenoss_init_pre

*# cat /root/.bashrc*
# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

alias rm='rm -i'
alias cp='cp -i'
alias mv='mv -i'

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
    . /etc/bashrc
fi

*# cat /root/.bash_profile*
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH

*# cat /home/zenoss/.bashrc*
# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
    . /etc/bashrc
fi

# User specific aliases and functions
export ZENHOME="/opt/zenoss"
export INSTANCE_HOME="/opt/zenoss"
export PATH="${ZENHOME}/bin:${PATH}"
export PYTHONPATH="/opt/zenoss/lib/python"

if [ "${USE_ZENDS}" = "1" ];then
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${ZENDSHOME}/lib:${ZENHOME}/lib"
    export PATH="${ZENDSHOME}/bin:${PATH}"
else
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${ZENHOME}/lib"
fi

export PROTOCOL_BUFFERS_PYTHON_IMPLEMENTATION="cpp"

*# cat /home/zenoss/.bash_profile*

Shane Scott
2012-10-16 17:08:06 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69268#69268

Hector.

For the heck of it, copy your zenoss .bashrc contents in to your root .bashrc, log off, login and su root then try zenoss_pre_init again.

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-16 18:11:48 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69283#69283

Shane,
Copied the .bashrc, ran zenoss_init_pre, but had the same problem. env variables seem to be set according to .bashrc. Maybe some additional variable required?

*# /opt/zenoss/bin/zenoss_init_pre*
Checking RRDtool version >= 1.4.7: [ OK ] 1.4.7
Dropping database: zodb_session
Creating database: zodb_session
Applying schema version: 1
Dropping database: zodb
Creating database: zodb
Applying schema version: 1
Creating database: zenoss_zep
make zope instance.
(this can take a few minutes)

*# /etc/init.d/zenoss start*
Daemon: zeneventserver starting...
Waiting for zeneventserver to start.......
Daemon: zopectl .
daemon process started, pid=29249
[...]

*# env*
(some stuff omitted)*
*

PROTOCOL_BUFFERS_PYTHON_IMPLEMENTATION=cpp

USER=root

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/zenoss/lib
PATH=/opt/zenoss/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
PWD=/root
ZENHOME=/opt/zenoss
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default
LANG=en_CA.UTF-8
SELINUX_LEVEL_REQUESTED=
HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
SHLVL=1
HOME=/root
PYTHONPATH=/opt/zenoss/lib/python
LOGNAME=root
INSTANCE_HOME=/opt/zenoss
G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1
_=/bin/env

Shane Scott
2012-10-16 18:33:42 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69284#69284

Hector:

Sholdn't be. This should just work...especially since its the appliance. I hate to be a pest, but can you download a fresh appliance? I'm wondering if your build works at all.

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-16 18:43:51 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69285#69285

Shane,
I'm not using the appliance (the original poster was. Kind of hijacked his thread). I'm running Zenoss 4.2 on a Centos 6.3 guest VM, installed following the Installation Guide.

Shane Scott
2012-10-17 13:04:06 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69280#69280

Hector:

Ah okay, my mistake. Is it possible to start fresh? I don't tihnk the deployment was successful.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-19 16:57:07 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69372#69372

Ok, thank you for your help. I'll reinstall and create another thread if I have problems

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 00:16:05 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69449#69449

Hector:

I wanted to check in and see if you experienced the same issue.

Thanks man!

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Hector Akamine
2012-10-23 03:50:10 UTC
Hector Akamine [http://community.zenoss.org/people/haa] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69434#69434

Hi Shane,
Reinstalling the RPMs solved the issue and now I am able to add devices. Still not sure why the first installation didn't go well.
Thanks!

Doug C
2012-10-23 04:31:35 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69453#69453

I'm having what seems to be a similar problem.  My zenhub won't start.  I installed using the autoinstall script onto CentOS 6.3.  For me it worked fine for a week until I was trying to close some events.  Then I got an error message prompting me to email the crash info.  After I rebooted, it worked for a while until I was trying to rename some Device Titles.  Suddenly I couldn't update anything and my zenhub can't start.

[***@zenoss init.d]# service zenoss status
Daemon: zeneventserver program running; pid=2520
Daemon: zopectl program running; pid=2600
Daemon: zenhub not running
Daemon: zenjobs program running; pid=2696
Daemon: zeneventd program running; pid=2773
Daemon: zenping program running; pid=2812
Daemon: zensyslog program running; pid=2839
Daemon: zenstatus program running; pid=2874
Daemon: zenactiond program running; pid=2913
Daemon: zentrap program running; pid=2940
Daemon: zenmodeler program running; pid=2973
Daemon: zenperfsnmp program running; pid=3001
Daemon: zencommand program running; pid=3034
Daemon: zenprocess program running; pid=3061
Daemon: zenrrdcached program running; pid=3065
Daemon: zenjmx program running; pid=3107
Daemon: zenwin program running; pid=3148
Daemon: zeneventlog program running; pid=3183
Daemon: zenwinperf program running; pid=3226
[***@zenoss init.d]# service rabbitmq-server status
Status of node ***@zenoss ...
Error: unable to connect to node ***@zenoss: nodedown

DIAGNOSTICS
===========

nodes in question: [***@zenoss]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- zenoss: [{rabbitmqctl5305,43697}]

current node details:
- node name: ***@zenoss
- home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- cookie hash: 84aXe1PgvZWWhO/1k30glQ==

[***@zenoss init.d]# service memcached status
memcached (pid  1732) is running...
[***@zenoss init.d]# service mysql status
SUCCESS! MySQL running (1874)

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 07:47:55 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69454#69454

Doug:

It sounds like rabbit isnt running. Can you ps aux | grep erlang and kill rabbit if its left bits running then do a service rabbitmq-server start? If it starts successfully try a service zenoss restart. Make sure rabbit is chkconfig on as well.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Doug C
2012-10-23 17:30:22 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69470#69470

Hi Shane, I killed the rabbit process and restarted it but I still get "nodedown" when I check status:

[***@zenoss doug.clow]# service rabbitmq-server status

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 18:16:29 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69472#69472

Doug:

Sounds like rabbit is broken. Let's try to fix it. Kill it again then look in /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/***@yourHostname. Delete the two directories starting with msg_. Try a service rabbitmq-server start then a status.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Doug C
2012-10-23 18:37:37 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69473#69473

Ok sounds good thanks.  I thought about reinstalling but I figure I should learn to troubleshoot these issues since I definitely won't want to reinstall after inputing a zillion devices and MIBs.  Here's what my results are:

[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# service rabbitmq-server stop
Stopping rabbitmq-server: rmdir: failed to remove `/var/run/rabbitmq': No such file or directory
rabbitmq-server.
[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# ps aux | grep erlang
rabbitmq 21312  0.0  0.0  10828   400 ?        S    11:31   0:00 /usr/lib64/erlang/erts-5.8.5/bin/epmd -daemon
root     21509  0.0  0.0 103244   812 pts/0    R+   11:33   0:00 grep erlang
[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# kill 21312
[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# rm -Rf msg*
[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# service rabbitmq-server start
Starting rabbitmq-server: RabbitMQ is currently running
rabbitmq-server.
[***@zenoss ***@zenoss]# service rabbitmq-server status
Status of node ***@zenoss ...
Error: unable to connect to node ***@zenoss: nodedown

DIAGNOSTICS
===========

nodes in question: [***@zenoss]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- zenoss: [{rabbitmqctl21565,40498}]

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 18:42:39 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69474#69474

Doug:

Hum. Lets chkconfig zenoss off and chkconfig rabbitmq-server off. Restart the system then download rabbit 2.8.7 and install it. Try a service rabbitmq-server start then a status. *crosses fingers*

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Doug C
2012-10-23 19:04:54 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69475#69475

darn, still no luck...

Running Transaction
  Updating   : rabbitmq-server-2.8.7-1.noarch                                                                          1/2
Stopping rabbitmq-server: rmdir: failed to remove `/var/run/rabbitmq': No such file or directory
rabbitmq-server.
  Cleanup    : rabbitmq-server-2.8.4-1.noarch                                                                          2/2
  Verifying  : rabbitmq-server-2.8.7-1.noarch                                                                          1/2
  Verifying  : rabbitmq-server-2.8.4-1.noarch                                                                          2/2

Updated:
  rabbitmq-server.noarch 0:2.8.7-1

Complete!
[***@zenoss tmp]# service rabbitmq-server start
[***@zenoss tmp]# service rabbitmq-server status
Status of node ***@zenoss ...
Error: unable to connect to node ***@zenoss: nodedown

DIAGNOSTICS
===========

nodes in question: [***@zenoss]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- zenoss: [{rabbitmqctl2466,41542}]

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 19:17:30 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69476#69476

Doug:

I'm perplexed. What's the chance of doing a zenbackup, reinstalling the platform, zenoss and restoring the backup?

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Doug C
2012-10-23 19:22:22 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69478#69478

Yeah I guess its time for a reinstall.  I don't think I need to backup, I only had just gotten started with Zenoss.  Thanks for your help!

Shane Scott
2012-10-23 19:23:54 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69479#69479

Doug:

Anytime. Sorry that we couldn't get this install working for you.

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Richard Carter
2012-10-27 20:15:40 UTC
Richard Carter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/daydreamblighter] created the discussion

"Re: I CanÂŽt add device!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69571#69571

Hi have a similar problem where zenhub won't start after a reboot. Fresh install of 4.2 appliance.

On the first boot I added all my devices and config - was all working beautifully. I shutdown the VM using vSphere Client in order to take a snapshot while everything was working properly, and then when I rebooted, zenhub won't work.

This causes me to get those "errno 104 connection reset by peer" messages when I try to add a new device.

Thread here: http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18651?tstart=0 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18651?tstart=0

Any help much appreciated.