unhandled exception
Andy THompson
2012-10-25 15:04:00 UTC
Andy THompson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/00aet] created the discussion

"unhandled exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69529#69529

Using zenoss 4.2 and getting the following exception

tracebackTraceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenCollector/services/config.py", line 108, in _wrapFunction return functor(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/services/SnmpPerformanceConfig.py", line 145, in _createDeviceProxies proxy = self._createDeviceProxy(device, manage_ip, components, components_only) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/services/SnmpPerformanceConfig.py", line 175, in _createDeviceProxy threshs = self._getComponentConfig(comp, perfServer, proxy.oids) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/services/SnmpPerformanceConfig.py", line 109, in _getComponentConfig oid = self._transform_oid(ds.oid.strip("."), comp) File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/services/SnmpPerformanceConfig.py", line 90, in _transform_oid index = getattr(comp, "ifindex", comp.snmpindex) File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.community.HPMon-2.2.72.egg/ZenPacks/community/HPMon/cpqDaCntlr.py", line 107, in ifindex = property(fget=lambda self: self._getSnmpIndex(), File "/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.community.HPMon-2.2.72.egg/ZenPacks/community/HPMon/cpqDaCntlr.py", line 102, in _getSnmpIndex return self.snmpindex + ifindex UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ifindex' referenced before assignment

Looks like it might be something in the HP zenpack.

Anyone come across this?

thanks

-andy

Serpent
2012-10-30 23:47:02 UTC
Serpent [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Serpent] created the discussion

"Re: unhandled exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69620#69620

Having the same issue here. Just added this to 4.2 and did a re-model and this started. It looks to cause my devices not to update their graphs correctly now.

-Brad

pwarren
2012-10-31 05:07:43 UTC
pwarren [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pwarren] created the discussion

"Re: unhandled exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69624#69624

There is a changeset which has been committed to the GitHub repo for this ZenPack which adds Zenoss 4.x compatibility:

https://github.com/epuzanov/ZenPacks.community.HPMon/commit/e96cf08f219965a914b14c1a745eb0eceb538dfb https://github.com/epuzanov/ZenPacks.community.HPMon/commit/e96cf08f219965a914b14c1a745eb0eceb538dfb

However, I don't see a corresponding binary build of the ZenPack published anywhere. You may wish to download the latest source code from GitHub and build the ZenPack and install it to see if it resolves the issue you are reporting.

--
Philip Warren

Serpent
2012-10-31 06:36:31 UTC
Serpent [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Serpent] created the discussion

"Re: unhandled exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69632#69632

Thanks Philip!!

  Latest from GIT appears to load fine. Still modeling my devices and will post a followup.

Thanks!
-Brad

Andy THompson
2012-10-31 12:54:49 UTC
Andy THompson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/00aet] created the discussion

"Re: unhandled exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69637#69637

Having never installed a zenpack from source, once I sorted that out things seem much better.  Graphs are no longer throwing errors at least.  Haven't seen the exception again yet, will post a followup if I do.

thanks