Installation of zenoss 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04
Placide NJAMI
2012-08-11 09:25:49 UTC
Placide NJAMI [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nfplacide] created the discussion

"Installation of zenoss 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67762#67762

Hi all,
Yesterday i learned that zenoss 4.2 has being released. how can't install it on ubuntu server 12.04 ?
Because i cannot see the *+.deb+* or the *+tar+* files to download on zenoss web site.

2012-08-13 12:53:57 UTC

"Re: Installation of zenoss 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67784#67784

Zenoss 4.2 was only released for Red Hat (CENTOS, Scientific Linux) systems. I understand that there are some plans to automate builds on other systems, but we haven't (the ZCA) gotten any responses from packagers on other platforms to help the community build packages for those platforms. Zenoss Inc only currently is supporting Red Hat, though that may change eventually.

hydruid
2012-11-07 19:12:35 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Installation of zenoss 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69762#69762

Take a look at this post, I just posted a working install script for Zenoss 4.2 and Ubuntu Server 12.04 (x64)

http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18706 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18706