Zenoss 4.2 SP1 - ESXi 5.0 monitoring
Ross Cavanagh
2012-12-18 08:58:06 UTC
Ross Cavanagh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rosscav] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2 SP1 - ESXi 5.0 monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70610#70610

I've searched through and seen a number of posts, but wondering what options for monitoring ESXi via snmp are available? I have the default ESXi monitoring tool that's using resxtop, and that's working no problem at all. However, the snmp for the ESXi 5.0 hypervisors doesn't pull any data.

If anyone is monitoring their ESXi 5.X hypervisors from Zenoss, any advice on how to be able to graph the hypervisors via snmp would be greatly appreciated. At the moment, my graphs are all blank, only the resxtop ones are modeling data.

ESXi 5.0's have snmp enabled, and zenoss doesn't show any errors in regards to snmp. I just get /Cmd/Fail no data returned for command