Error model device with community.wmi. plugin
QnA Zen
2013-12-26 06:30:25 UTC
QnA Zen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/qq070806] created the discussion

"Error model device with community.wmi. plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75602#75602

A device in class /Server/Windows/WMI/HyperV
Only using modeler plugins " community.wmi.WinServiceMap ", "community.wmi.FileSystemMap"
Below error returned when model device, any idea? Windows Firewall is turned off and WinUser account has local admin permission.
I can run wbemtest on the client , and get normal result.
I created a WMI datasource with query SELECT * FROM Win32_LogicalDisk, can get proper data from this client.

WARNING:zen.SQLClient:Error in community.wmi.FileSystemMap query "SELECT * FROM Win32_LogicalDisk": Retrieve result data. on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (WERR_INVALID_PARAM)
WARNING:zen.SQLClient:Error in community.wmi.WinServiceMap query "SELECT * FROM Win32_Service": Retrieve result data. on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (WERR_INVALID_PARAM)
INFO:zen.SQLClient:SQL client finished collection for ServerName
WARNING:zen.PythonClient:Error in community.wmi.FileSystemMap: Retrieve result data. on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (WERR_INVALID_PARAM)
WARNING:zen.PythonClient:Error in community.wmi.WinServiceMap: Retrieve result data. on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (WERR_INVALID_PARAM)

hydruid
2013-12-26 14:43:24 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Error model device with community.wmi. plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75607#75607

The WinUser account will require more than local admin privileges for WMI
to work, unless it's the actual "administrator" account that you're using.

This link is not a complete guide (
https://support.zenoss.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=16059 https://support.zenoss.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=16059) but it
will get you rolling in the right direction. Of course it wouldn't hurt to
see if it's working with the "administator" account just once or twice to
verify WMI is working correctly on your server.

QnA Zen
2013-12-27 06:14:49 UTC
QnA Zen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/qq070806] created the discussion

"Re: Error model device with community.wmi. plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75611#75611

Thank you for providing me the linkage
Not too much KB is about WMI on the page and not mention about the error I encountered. Any idea?

hydruid
2013-12-27 14:05:36 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Error model device with community.wmi. plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75613#75613

I recommend that you do WMI testing from the zenoss server CLI to see if
you encounter the same issues/errors and then do some research on what it
could mean. Also I recommended that you try with the actual "administrator"
account.

Andrew Kirch
2013-12-28 17:21:27 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Error model device with community.wmi. plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75621#75621

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO REPLY HERE, IN FACT YOU PROBABLY CANT, TO FIND OUT WHY, KEEP READING!!!

I'm Andrew Kirch, the Community Manager here at Zenoss.  We've migrated the Community Forums to our new Drupal based forums.  I've copied your thread to the new forums http://www.zenoss.org/forum/101 HERE.  If you have an account on the community wiki, that login already works, if not, head over, and follow the links to create it.  If you have questions, problems using the site, or feedback, or if you're a Nigerian prince with 5000000USD you want to send me, please use our feedback form at the upper right of the new site.

Cheers!

Andrew