Zenoss 4 AMI now available on AWS/EC2!!
Alan Milligan
2012-10-11 07:43:12 UTC
Alan Milligan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/milligana] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4 AMI now available on AWS/EC2!!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69019#69019

I've posted an AMI version of BastionLinux/RPM Zenoss 4 for AWS/EC2 users to kick the tyres of Zenoss.  Full instructions (including AMI id) are at http://linux.last-bastion.net/ami/zenoss4 http://linux.last-bastion.net/ami/zenoss4.  The AMI instructions for our Zenoss 3.2.x on AWS/EC2 is at http://linux.last-bastion.net/ami/zenoss http://linux.last-bastion.net/ami/zenoss.

These RPMs (and there are quite a lot of them) are fully compatible with RHEL6.  The full complement of RPM's is available at http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/zenoss4/13 http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/zenoss4/13.

But in particular, we have Chef-based automation aimed at seamless migration from Zenoss 3 to Zenoss 4.  It's all very simple with our stack. Our Zenoss 3 and Zenoss 4 already share our latest Zope Application Server stack (on our Zope and Plone channel at http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/plope/13 http://linux.last-bastion.net/LBN/up2date/plope/13).  These AMI's are intended to get you up and running quickly for migration testing.

If you're interested in discussing migration and/or engaging us commercially, drop me a private message.