Traps nto translating OIDS
jregovic
2012-12-13 15:57:35 UTC
jregovic [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jregovic] created the discussion

"Traps nto translating OIDS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70539#70539

I am using Zenoss 4.1 and I haveimported a custom MIB. When I send traps using those OIDs, zenoss does not translate the OIDs to names.

I was led to understand from the docs that rather than see the enterprise OID in the summary, zenoss would resolve the enterprise OID to a readable name.

I've imported the MIB, I can view from the web console, and I've restarted zenoss. Is there another place to look?

jcurry
2012-12-17 12:43:02 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Traps nto translating OIDS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70575#70575

Nope - this should work.  If you have recycled everything then that should have included zentrap (which I have sometimes seen need recycling).

Any chance that the device sending TRAPs has a slightly different version of MIB than the one you imported, hence it not matching up?

What are you seeing in the detail of the event - perhaps screenshot it here if it is not confidential.

Cheers,
Jane

Shane Scott
2012-12-17 21:09:47 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Traps nto translating OIDS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70591#70591

jregovic:

If you're running enterprise v4.1.1, depending on your patch set you'll want to add 'configsipsize 0' to $ZENHOME/etc/zentrap.conf and restart zentrap.

Give that a try. If it just comments the option out then you're patch level doesn't require this workaround.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

jregovic
2012-12-17 22:00:12 UTC
jregovic [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jregovic] created the discussion

"Re: Traps nto translating OIDS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70570#70570

setting the configspsize to zero and restarting zenoss worked.