Devices not mapping on Google maps
shersker
2012-04-23 19:49:15 UTC
shersker [http://community.zenoss.org/people/shersker] created the discussion

"Devices not mapping on Google maps"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66030#66030

Just installed Zenoss 3.2.1 on to a CentOS 5.7 vm. I installed a Google maps v2 API key, added a handful of locations with addresses, added a handful of devices and assigned them to locations. (Actually, I've built the vm 3 times now, thinking I was missing something - same results each time)

Nothing shows up in the applet on the Dashboard. I've cleared the geocode cache and restarted Zenoss.

But, when I go to the Details of a location and click on Map, it updates the geocode (if necessary) and correctly displays the location/status on the map. (albeit, zoomed in WAY to far...)

What the heck am I missing?

Thanks!!
Steve

jcurry
2012-04-24 16:49:13 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Devices not mapping on Google maps"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66047#66047

Sounds good to me.

Do you want to try posting a screenshot of your Dashboard and the Locations part of your Infrastructure display?  Depends a bit on how sensitive your information is - you could black out hostnames, if necessary.  If you don't want to post screenshots publicly, feel free to email them to me if that is acceptable and I will delete them when I've had a look.

Cheers,
Jane