Trouble getting Zenoss to use correct snmpwalkPrefix
Doug C
2013-09-26 17:26:59 UTC
Doug C [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thedukeness] created the discussion

"Trouble getting Zenoss to use correct snmpwalkPrefix"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74777#74777

I am trying to use SNMPv3 to query a few devices.  The command that works from the shell on the Zenoss server is:

snmpwalk -v3 -u zenoss -l AuthPriv -a SHA -A **** -x AES -X **** myhost.mydomain.com system

In the device configuration properties I've set:

zSnmpAuthPassword
zSnmpAuthType
zSnmpPrivPassword
zSnmpPrivType
zSnmpSecurityName
zSnmpVer

However it isn't working.  When I run the snmpwalk command from the Zenoss GUI it builds this string:

snmpwalk -v3 -cpublic 10.120.1.3:161 system

The Administration tab says that is built from:

snmpwalk -${device/zSnmpVer} -c${device/zSnmpCommunity} ${device/snmpwalkPrefix}${here/manageIp}:${here/zSnmpPort} system

So it seems to be missing many of the necessary elements or that isn't the way snmpwalkPrefix works?