Best way to monitor services?
Chris Hooley
2013-02-18 00:45:22 UTC
Chris Hooley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ChrisH] created the discussion

"Best way to monitor services?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71539#71539

We're currently implementing Zenoss to monitor a fairly simply 3 tiered stack and are wondering what the best way to monitor applications running as services (RedHat) is?
We've looked at SNMP monitoring and portscan monitoring but which is best? Currently we have configured via portscan.

We do have a few services running under UDP and understand we have to write a process on the zenoss server to communicate with target app/server and derive the result from here?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris