Error 1045 While installing Zenoss 4.2.4
Ed Reber
2014-02-26 21:07:02 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion

"Error 1045 While installing Zenoss 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75707#75707

Hello All,

I am trying to install Zenoss 4.2.4, and I am receiving the following error message:

Fresh install pre steps
Checking RRDtool version >=1.4.7: [ OK ] 1.4.7
Error 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Dropping database: zodb_session
Failed to create ZODB session database

Can someone tell me what i need to do to fix this issue? I have removed MySQL and Zenoss completely from my server and tried to reinstall and still get this messgae.

My Operating system is CentOS 6.5

Thanks,

Ed Reber
2014-02-28 13:35:18 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion

"Re: Error 1045 While installing Zenoss 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75713#75713

I resolved this initial error by logging in to MySQL and running the following command:

UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('password') WHERE User = 'root';

Substituting my password where it shows 'password'.

Ed Reber
2014-02-28 13:36:03 UTC
Ed Reber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sekreber] created the discussion

"Re: Error 1045 While installing Zenoss 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75715#75715

After I did this, I was able to start creating the databases and schema. However, I received the following message that I am working on:

Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database.