Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server.
Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-09 13:16:02 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70887#70887

Hi Reader,

I have installed zenoss4.2.0 on my CentOS6 with MySQL on the same machine; now I want to switch and want to use one of my other existing MySQL server to run existing zenoss.

I reffered " http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13571 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13571" as well but unable to get zenoss start successfully. Zenhub is not coming up.

Here is output of "/opt/zenoss/etc/zodb_db_main.conf" file.

<mysql>
    host dbserver.xxx.com
    port 3306
    user zenoss
    passwd zenoss
    db zodb
</mysql>

Here is output of "/opt/zenoss/etc/global.conf" file.

zodb-db-type mysql
zodb-host dbserver.xxx.com
zodb-port 3306
zodb-db zodb
zodb-user zenoss
zodb-password zenoss
zodb-admin-user root
zodb-admin-password
zodb-cacheservers 127.0.0.1:11211
zodb-cachesize 1000

amqphost localhost
amqpport 5672
amqpvhost /zenoss
amqpuser zenoss
amqppassword zenoss
amqpusessl 0
amqpadminport 55672
amqpadminusessl 0
amqpheartbeat 300

zep-db-type mysql
zep-host dbserver.xxx.com
zep-port 3306
zep-db zenoss_zep
zep-user zenoss
zep-password zenoss
zep-admin-user root
zep-admin-password
zep-uri http://localhost:8084 http://localhost:8084

dsahost = localhost
dsaport = 8083

Can anyone help me where I should make changes to have zenoss running with remote mysql server "dbserver.xxx.com". I am able to connect mysql on remote machine using " mysql -h dbserver.xxx.com -u zenoss -p zenoss".

Thanks in advance.

Regards / Amarankit

2013-01-09 15:58:54 UTC

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70888#70888

You are doing a reasonable job with asking the question, but we are missing one critical piece of this puzzle - log files appropriate to the issue.

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-10 07:23:06 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70896#70896

James

U got the right point. I am attaching Zenhub Logs (in main POST),,,, as this time zenhub is our main concern.

-Amarankit

Shane Scott
2013-01-09 16:11:05 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70902#70902

Amarankit:

When you did a service zenoss start was it immediately after installing a fresh copy of zenoss on the zenoss master? I ask because a hidden file gets touched which tells zenoss, on its first service start, to build the database.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-09 18:24:49 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70891#70891

Hi Shane,

thanks for kind response.

Yes, I had "service zenoss start was it immediately after installing a fresh copy of zenoss". At that time everthing was running; but after I tried changing mysql-host, things got stuck. I tried many time "service zenoss start" after modifications.

-- Amarankit

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-10 07:25:41 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70897#70897

Shane,

Also refer some part of zenhub log,,,

""""""""""""""
2013-01-08 08:05:40,545 INFO zen.ZenHub: Worker (17605) reports Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/zenhubworker.py", line 258, in <module>
    zhw = zenhubworker()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/zenhubworker.py", line 57, in __init__
    ZCmdBase.__init__(self)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZCmdBase.py", line 59, in __init__
    self.getDataRoot()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZCmdBase.py", line 160, in getDataRoot
    if not self.app: self.opendb()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZCmdBase.py", line 102, in opendb
    app=root['Application']
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 23, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'Application'
2013-01-08 08:05:41,269 WARNING zen.ZenHub: Worker (17605) exited with status: 1 (General error)
2013-01-08 08:05:41,272 INFO zen.ZenHub: Starting new zenhubworker
"""""""""""""

-Amarankit

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-10 07:40:05 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70898#70898

I have created to databases in remote mysql db,,, zenoss_zep and zodb,,, and then did modificationsss ( like in "/opt/zenoss/etc/global.conf" file. ). Table structure is as following,,,

mysql> show tables;
+-------------------+
| Tables_in_zodb    |
+-------------------+
| blob_chunk        |
| new_oid           |
| object_ref        |
| object_refs_added |
| object_state      |
| pack_object       |
+-------------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use zenoss_zep ;
Database changed
mysql> show tables;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

-Amarankit

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-01-16 11:04:28 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71026#71026

I solved this prolem looking/troubleshooting the things on various old-forums/posts.

Here is the approach to switch from ur existing MySQL to any other MySQL server. I am mentioning the example from my scenario,,,, (demo of all files/change all according to ur env/scenario)....

Make all changes after first stoping ur Zenoss,,,,

1) Just install ur zenoss on ur local MySQL server first. Then dump(export) zodb (and all other zenoss related db like zobd_session , zenoss_zep if u want  to keep ur existing data, this is not necessary,). You need to create zodb and import ur exported xx.sql file (also create all other dbs and import if u want to keep ur old data).

2) Stop services of MySQL on ur localhost and switch to remote MySQL. Ensure all ur respective zenoss related DBs should have proper,

*****GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on all_zenoos_related_dbs.* to root_and_zenoss.@'%' IDENTIFIED BY " respective_passwords_from_global.conf" WITH GRANT OPTION*****

3) Refere global.conf below,,

Go to /opt/zenoss/etc/global.conf,,

zodb-db-type mysql
zodb-host dbserver.xxx.com                              # make changes/ mention ur new MySQL server host
zodb-port 3306
zodb-db zodb
zodb-user zenoss
zodb-password zenoss
zodb-admin-user root
zodb-admin-password zenoss                         # may be given/not necessary
zodb-cacheservers 127.0.0.1:11211
zodb-cachesize 1000

amqphost localhost
amqpport 5672
amqpvhost /zenoss
amqpuser zenoss
amqppassword zenoss
amqpusessl 0
amqpadminport 55672
amqpadminusessl 0
amqpheartbeat 300                                        # made changes but not necessary/ but better to put

zep-db-type mysql
zep-host dbserver.hcl.com                             # make changes/ mention ur new MySQL server host
zep-port 3306
zep-db zenoss_zep
zep-user zenoss
zep-password zenoss
zep-admin-user root
zep-admin-password zenoss                         # may be given/not necessary
zep-uri http://localhost:8084 http://localhost:8084

4) Goto "/opt/zenoss/etc/zodb_db_session.conf",,,

<mysql>
    host dbserver.hcl.com                         # make changes/ mention ur new MySQL server host
    port 3306
    user zenoss
    passwd zenoss
    db zodb_session
</mysql>

5) Goto "/opt/zenoss/etc/zodb_db_main.conf",,,

<mysql>
    host dbserver.hcl.com                                   # make changes/ mention ur new MySQL server host
    port 3306
    user zenoss
    passwd zenoss
    db zodb
</mysql>

6) Try restarting zenoss.

***There could be DB access issue if u have not given all priviliges properly.

*** There could be issue in starting of few services " like zenwinperf, zenwin, zeneventlog, or may be more". Just uninstall zenoss -core and restart. Restat zenoss and hopefully everything will be fine.

Although, there could be other few issues all that I can explain as per situation.

Enjoy

-----Amarankit Srivastava

subba rayudu
2013-10-23 14:13:43 UTC
subba rayudu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/subbu5678] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75035#75035

Hi Amarankit,

i followed the same process but I am unable to connect the MYSQL DB via Hub . Could you please help me

Thanks,
Subbu

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-10-23 14:23:05 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75036#75036

Hi Subba,

Please look at the connection/authorization settings (between new-mysql and zenoss machine) properly. I too had same issue after mysql moving to other server.

Regards\Amarankit

subba rayudu
2013-10-23 15:21:54 UTC
subba rayudu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/subbu5678] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75037#75037

Do I need to install Zenoss on the MySQL server as well or any Linux box without Zenoss installation . Also can you please share your contact no

Thanks,
Subbu
Sent from my iPhone
(Please Ignore typos)

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-10-23 16:27:55 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75039#75039

No you don’t need to install zenoss on MySql server.

My contact number is +91-9650152244

Regards\Amarankit

subba rayudu
2013-10-23 16:36:59 UTC
subba rayudu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/subbu5678] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75040#75040

Thanks,

What is the best time to call you

Thanks,
Subbu
Sent from my iPhone
(Please Ignore typos)

Amarankit Srivastava
2013-10-23 16:38:43 UTC
Amarankit Srivastava [http://community.zenoss.org/people/amarankit] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75056#75056

Between 11:30 am to 8:00 pm (Monday to Friday).

-Amarankit

subba rayudu
2013-10-25 11:44:16 UTC
subba rayudu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/subbu5678] created the discussion

"Re: Need urgent help while configuring and running zenoss on a different/remote MySQL server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75086#75086

Hi Amar,

I have installed the DB on a remote and start the Zenoss on the server . I got the below error . Could you please help me Loading Image... Loading Image...

Thanks,
Subbu