XML-RPC set firstTime and lastTime?
mhaswell
2013-01-25 15:53:39 UTC
mhaswell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mhaswell] created the discussion

"XML-RPC set firstTime and lastTime?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71221#71221

I want my script to backfill some events into Zenoss 3.2.1 - however they all appear as though new. I have tried setting lastTime and firstTime but they don't change the Start Time (or "First Seen" column in the event viewer) - and looking into the old zensendevent script (which does an XML-RPC connection) I see the following:

| ignoredElements = set([ |

| 'ZenossEvents', 'url', 'SourceComponent', |

| 'ReporterComponent', 'EventId', |

| 'clearid', 'eventClassMapping', |

| 'eventState', 'lastTime', 'firstTime', 'prodState', |

| 'EventSpecific', 'stateChange', |

| ]) |

Any ideas?