monitoring with ssh doesn't appear to be working
Jeff Bjorness
2012-10-25 15:04:30 UTC
Jeff Bjorness [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jbjorness] created the discussion

"monitoring with ssh doesn't appear to be working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69530#69530

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Zenoss so this question may not be properly described.  I've added two servers, one Linux and one AIX to zenoss under /Devices/Server/SSH/Linux and /Devices/Server/SSH/AIX respectively.  Zenoss did model them with ssh, I can see Network Routes, Interfaces, OS Processes, etc.  However, none of the component or template graphs are being updated for either server.  I also don't see any indication that zenoss is attempting to connect to either server with ssh.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

dpetzel
2012-10-26 03:30:33 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: monitoring with ssh doesn't appear to be working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69552#69552

Can you try running zencommand from the command line as the zenoss user?
sudo su - zenoss
zencommand run -d <yourdevicename> -v 10
This will spit out a bunch of information.

And since you called out that your new, I'll call out that just because you got data modeled, doesnt mean it happened over SSH. The modeler plugins that are applied to a device class are independent from the monitoring templates. So its possible that you have SNMP plugins applied. It would be worth verifying which modeler plugins are applied just for the sake of sanity.

Jeff Bjorness
2012-10-26 20:22:17 UTC
Jeff Bjorness [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jbjorness] created the discussion

"Re: monitoring with ssh doesn't appear to be working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69560#69560

Thanks for the reply.  We just restarted zenoss and monitoring is working properly now.