Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database
Ilya A.
2012-08-26 09:58:17 UTC
Ilya A. [http://community.zenoss.org/people/imageSurge] created the discussion

"Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68157#68157

Hello,

I've seen this issue raised by others, wihtout any solution?   Doing a clean install on Centos 6.2 with MySQL 5.5.27 installed previously (doing automated install is not a good option).  Followed the procedure precisely, everything going flawlessly, until this last step, with the "Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database" error.   REALLY NEED ASSISTANCE - THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

[***@centos-ami ~]#*service zenoss start*
Zenoss not initialized.  Performing first-boot initialization...
Fresh install pre steps
Checking RRDtool version >= 1.4.7: [ OK ] 1.4.7
Dropping database: zodb_session
Creating database: zodb_session
Applying schema version: 1
Dropping database: zodb
Creating database: zodb
Applying schema version: 1
Creating database: zenoss_zep
make zope instance.
(this can take a few minutes)
Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database
[***@centos-ami ~]#

july_lesev
2012-08-30 15:43:46 UTC
july_lesev [http://community.zenoss.org/people/july_lesev] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68305#68305

not so much information, the root cause can be anywhere...

look an example:

http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-1848 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-1848

and gather additional info...

Ilya A.
2012-09-03 22:21:20 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68381#68381

I am unable to access your http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-1848 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-1848 link - my current login is being rejected.

Ilya A.
2012-09-04 03:22:25 UTC
Ilya A. [http://community.zenoss.org/people/imageSurge] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to create the initial Zenoss object database"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68382#68382

I proceeded to make a clean install of my the entire system (Centos 6.3, latest MySQL) ... this time I was able to get beyond the previous issue, only to encounter the following during initialization (again I believe I am not the only one):

Daemon: zenprocess starting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRRD/zenprocess.py", line 971, in <module>
    daemon = CollectorDaemon(myPreferences, myTaskSplitter, ConfigListener())
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenCollector/daemon.py", line 147, in __init__
    super(CollectorDaemon, self).__init__(name=self.preferences.collectorName)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRRD/RRDDaemon.py", line 61, in __init__
    PBDaemon.__init__(self, noopts, name=name)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/PBDaemon.py", line 132, in __init__
    ZenDaemon.__init__(self, noopts, keeproot)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZenDaemon.py", line 68, in __init__
    self.becomeDaemon()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZenDaemon.py", line 262, in becomeDaemon
    raise Exception( "%s [%d]" % (e.strerror, e.errno) )
Exception: Cannot allocate memory [12]