Monitoring MySQL hosts
Andrew Kirch
2013-04-30 03:30:36 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring MySQL hosts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73022#73022

this sounds a lot like congestion with the mysql server not responding "fast enough" at certain times.  I haven't looked to see if there's a timeout, but perhaps increase that, or suppress the first alert in that class.  Perhaps someone who monitors several MySQL servers could shed more light.

vitaly_il
2013-04-30 08:53:20 UTC
vitaly_il [http://community.zenoss.org/people/vitaly_il] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring MySQL hosts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73023#73023

Agree with Andrew - this seems like a timeout issue.
Is your MySQL server overloaded?

I monitor a few MySQLs with Zenoss and I haven't seen such errors.

In fact, workaround for false alarms is simple - you can use "count" (I use count>4, for example) for triggering alerts.

sajesh.singh
2013-04-30 15:05:30 UTC
sajesh.singh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sajesh.singh] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring MySQL hosts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73011#73011

Server not overloaded at all. Will have to put the count in place if no other solution can be found