Can we know what specific errors are there on a certain device?
r c
2012-01-25 02:56:13 UTC
r c [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raelanne] created the discussion

"Can we know what specific errors are there on a certain device?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63880#63880

The severity of events notifies us if there are errors or not on a device right?, is there a way to know what kind of errors they are?
Like if a device is on Critical,is there a way to know why it is critical?what errors made it critical? thanks

dpetzel
2012-01-25 03:01:38 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Can we know what specific errors are there on a certain device?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63887#63887

Im not sure I understand the question, if you look at the event console (either global or device specific) It lists each event and its severity as well as provides details about each event

Have you reviewed the Event Management Section of the Admin Guide and/or Janes Event Management document:http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss_event_management_paper.pdf?

Janes Doc is a really good primer to event management which might clear up some of your questions.