Clear events not correct
thomas
2012-05-11 08:36:30 UTC
thomas [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thomas] created the discussion

"Clear events not correct"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66314#66314

I have a rather strange problem on a zenoss core 3.2.1.

I have some events being sent via email, and this works fine, but once in a while, the clear event is sent without much information, ie. %(clearSummary)s and (%clearFirstTime)s fields in the message are empty!

I have looked a bit more into it, and in event history there is infact no CLEAR event sent, and there is nothing in the eventlog for the original event, other than deletedTime has been set to the time where the mail is sent.

I noticed that in the database that the "clearid" field is empty of events where this has happened, on other events that has been autocleared, this field is filled with evid of the clear event.

This is very annoying as the customer doesn't get all information in the events sent to him.

I have a couple of event transforms (rewrite of event summary), can this be related to these transforms?

I have yet to find a way of reproducing this problem so it is rather difficult to debug further.

Is there a known bug or am I doing it wrong? :-)

Running Zenoss Core 3.2.1 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS compiled from source

Regards
Thomas