Zenpack install and removal takes a long time
Jared Ready
2013-11-25 17:23:02 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Zenpack install and removal takes a long time"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75323#75323

Zenonss 4.2.4, SP 174

Zenoss is taking an outrageous amount of time to install or remove zenpacks. Last week, I installed the CiscoASA pack and that took at least 4 hours to install. Today, I went to remove a zenpack I had accidentally created (so nothing even in it), and that took half an hour. Now, I'm trying to install the Barracuda Monitor pack, and I'm at over an hour and just waiting.

[***@zenoss packs]$ zenpack --install ZenPacks.MJW.BarracudaMonitor-1.0.egg
2013-11-25 10:19:31,330 INFO zen.ZPLoader: Loading /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.MJW.BarracudaMonitor-1.0.egg/ZenPacks/MJW/BarracudaMonitor/objects/objects.xml
2013-11-25 10:19:31,545 INFO zen.AddToPack: End loading objects
2013-11-25 10:19:31,546 INFO zen.AddToPack: Processing links

It is 11:22 currently.

AFAIK, this ZenPack only provides a few monitoring templates and nothing else, so why would this be taking so long?

linkslice
2013-11-25 20:17:29 UTC
linkslice [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linkslice] created the discussion

"Re: Zenpack install and removal takes a long time"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75341#75341

What are your system load averages/cpu/memory etc...?