Network topology
Jaroslav Šafránek
2011-11-06 09:16:46 UTC
Jaroslav Šafránek [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jaroslav.safranek] created the discussion

"Network topology"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62459#62459

Hello,

We are using Zenoss for monitoring many our customers networks. It realized over WAN to public ip addres and for monitoring servers behind public router using VPN.
We need make network infrastruktur manualy because, when one router down then zenoss sending many traps about every host behind router.
I know, zenoss concept is about automatic network topology over 3-layer. But for us it is not applicable.
I read this forum and some tips about it. That tips are about make one script in class definition. But it's very hard make this scipt for many networks and every time control that this scipt is actual.

My question is about another way for make network topology manualy in 2-laeyr?

Thanks and best regards Šafránek

2011-11-07 13:30:17 UTC

"Re: Network topology"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62452#62452

No, zenoss currently does not support layer 2 topology. This is an often submitted feature request.