Limit os process monitoring on device class level
Stas Kraev
2012-11-11 11:58:04 UTC
Stas Kraev [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flashvoid] created the discussion

"Limit os process monitoring on device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69803#69803

Hello

I am new to zenoss and what i am trying to do is to have some hosts which do monitor httpd process and some host which don`t. I think i should have 2 different device classes for this types of hosts with monitoring enabled by default in one class and disabled by default in another.
But i just can not understand how to do it.

May be there are another way - how this works in zenoss ?

Thanks

hydruid
2012-11-14 03:07:04 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Limit os process monitoring on device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69886#69886

Stas,

When you add the devices to Zenoss it will auto detect if they are running httpd services. If httpd isn't detected it won't be monitored.

Stas Kraev
2012-11-14 10:31:02 UTC
Stas Kraev [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flashvoid] created the discussion

"Re: Limit os process monitoring on device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69892#69892

Thank you hydruid

Such level of automation just confused me.