Where to set timeout for Extensions commands?
GOM
2011-11-07 05:53:35 UTC
GOM [http://community.zenoss.org/people/GOM] created the discussion

"Re: Where to set timeout for Extensions commands?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62461#62461

This turned out to be an illusion. What was happening was that the command was giving "Code: 1 - Msg: General error" ...and not understanding why I went to test the command with zentestcommand, which has its own timeout. Apparently set to 5s my default, but can be adjusted with "-t". Saw the "Command timed out" there and assumed that must have been what was causing "Code: 1 - Msg: General error" when the command ran. Real problem turned out to be a bad exit code being returned from the command.

So for anyone getting "Command Timed Out" from zentestcommand without knowing why, zentestcommand has its own timeout. Looking inside, zentestcommand seems quite different than zencommand. Not convinced it's great test. Up the timeout with -t. For zencommand itself, adjusting zCommandCommandTimeout on the device running the command seems like the proper way to adjust the command timeout.