zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap doesn't work
jwilda
2012-02-24 20:47:05 UTC
jwilda [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jwilda] created the discussion

"zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64775#64775

When I enable the zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap plugnin and then model the device I get the below error.

WARNING zen.PythonClient: Error in zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap: got stderr: 'Error #488: Your port specifications are illegal. Example of proper form: "-100,200-1024,3000-4000,60000-"\nQUITTING!\n'

Looking at the documentation here http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9441#ModelingPortScan http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9441#ModelingPortScan it says to setup the symlink and then modify the property zTransportPreference.  However when I go to Infrastructure->Details->"Configuration Properties" there is no +zTransportPreference+.

Also what is the difference between zenoss.portscan.IpServiceMap and zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap?

goliathlibrary
2012-04-24 18:15:02 UTC
goliathlibrary [http://community.zenoss.org/people/goliathlibrary] created the discussion

"Re: zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66037#66037

I ran into this today - found a fix by changing the zNmapPortscanOptions (under Configuration Properties) to the following:

-p 1-1024 -sT --open -oG - ${here/manageIp}

Runs fine for me after changing that.

I am not sure on the difference between the different scans.

Cheers.

Voorhees
2012-04-26 22:19:08 UTC
Voorhees [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Voorhees] created the discussion

"Re: zenoss.nmap.IpServiceMap doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66090#66090

worked for me. thanks much.