Creating a template for tcp statistics, some questions
John Zakhar
2012-11-01 21:28:55 UTC
John Zakhar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jzakhar01] created the discussion

"Creating a template for tcp statistics, some questions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69665#69665

I had this working pretty well in 3.0 but in 4.2 something seems off.

I have created a template using values that return with an snmpget (this mostly was adding a .0 to each OID for an snmpwalk).

I have attached an image of the template configuration, as well as the graph output, the one value set to counter I just changed, they have been gauge all along.

Below is the snmpwalk and snmpwget output of one of the OID's

[***@zenoss ~]# snmpwalk -v2c -cxxx 10.87.1.155 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5
TCP-MIB::tcpActiveOpens.0 = Counter32: 2647183

and

[***@zenoss ~]# snmpget -v2c -cxxx 10.87.1.155 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5.0
TCP-MIB::tcpActiveOpens.0 = Counter32: 2647183

return the same data.

I am after the basic info in tcp.mib, what am I doing wrong here? this should be a slam dunk for this mib..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John Zakhar
2012-11-01 21:54:54 UTC
John Zakhar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jzakhar01] created the discussion

"Re: Creating a template for tcp statistics, some questions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69666#69666

Another example is

snmpwalk -v2c -cxx10.87.1.55 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.6.0
TCP-MIB::tcpPassiveOpens.0 = Counter32: 22363280

it shows as NAN on the graph. It's certainly a number, its fairly large though.