EC2 Manager Auto-Discovery of VPC
Chris DeRamus
2012-12-01 17:07:36 UTC
Chris DeRamus [http://community.zenoss.org/people/deramusc] created the discussion

"EC2 Manager Auto-Discovery of VPC"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70268#70268

I've successfully set up Zenoss 4.2 and have it linked into our test AWS account. All appears to work well when browsing Instances/Instance Types as both EC2 and VPC instances are displayed. Digging deeper though, it looks like only EC2 instances with a public IP/DNS name actually get auto-discovered and added into the device class I chose during setup (/Devices/Linux).

Many of the subnets in our VPC don't actually have an elastic IP address associated with them, and as such can only be accessed from other hosts within the VPC. This particular Zenoss instance does reside in that VPC and can communicate with the instances when manually adding them. My question is does EC2Manager currently support VPC auto discovery and if so what am I missing :) .

Thanks in advance for the support guys.