Graph Reports in 4.2.0
Zombie Process
2012-12-18 19:54:44 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70635#70635

Hi folks.  I appear to have a similar issue to this one: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67826#67826#67826 http://community.zenoss.org/message/67826#67826

I've setup some graph reports, but there are huge gaps around the graphs and zoom simply does nothing.  I've never seen this on 2.x or 3.x installs.  Brand new install on centos 6.3 x86_64.  Anyone have ideas?

Zombie Process
2012-12-18 19:57:09 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70636#70636

Oh, and to be clear, I'm not talking about the gap *in* the graph, but the gap *around* the graph.  The gap in the graph was me fighting with mysql and postfix.

Shane Scott
2012-12-20 00:25:32 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70666#70666

Zombie:

Interesting. What broswer? If you turn on the developer tools in your broswer are there any JS or CSS errors that point to spacing?

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

Zombie Process
2012-12-20 17:28:06 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70671#70671

All browsers as far as I can tell.  I have tried (fully updated):

Firefox
Internet Explorer
Konqueror
Chrome

I haven't used any dev-dools so far - I'll do that.  I have tailf-ed logs anf I don't see anything in them that looks suspicious, but I'm not certain I'm looking in the correct one(s).

Zombie Process
2012-12-20 17:44:43 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70672#70672

Well, in firefox I don't get any errors, but hundreds of warnings.  Most look along these lines:

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'background-image'.  Declaration dropped.
Warning: Expected color but found 'top'.  Error in parsing value for 'background-image'.  Declaration dropped.
Warning: Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'.  Declaration dropped.
Warning: Unknown property 'zoom'.  Declaration dropped.
Warning: Expected end of value but found 'null'.  Error in parsing value for 'padding'.  Declaration dropped.
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'height'.  Declaration dropped.

80% or more of them ref xtheme-zenoss.css.  It seems like I'm missing something I need on the box, though I did go through the install guide, step by step.  Of possible interest - zoom works fine on the actual infrastructure interface graphs, and the graph spacing there looks fine as well.   Only reports are broken.

Zombie Process
2012-12-31 19:13:27 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70752#70752

Digging through things with Chrome's dev tools, I duscovered that the entire toolbar is referenced, but does not show up in my graph reports.  Here's the "Zoom Out" button on a report I named:

This is the code from a standard graph page for the toolbar:
div id="toolbar-1435" class="x-toolbar x-docked x-toolbar-default x-docked-top x-toolbar-docked-top x-toolbar-default-docked-top x-box-layout-ct x-docked-noborder-top x-docked-noborder-right x-docked-noborder-left" style="left: 5px; top: 5px; width: 582px;

This is the code from the JPG above:
div id="toolbar-1009" class="x-toolbar x-docked x-toolbar-default x-docked-top x-toolbar-docked-top x-toolbar-default-docked-top x-box-layout-ct" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 600px;

I'm a complete HTML/CSS dunce, but there are obviously some elements missing from the second example.

So, here's the question - can anyone with 4.2.0 installed please verify that they can create graphs that work correctly?

Zombie Process
2013-01-14 19:14:02 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70983#70983

Upgraded to 4.2.3, and this issue still exists for me - cleared caches, used multiple browsers, etc.  If this is a problem with my install I'll be happy to figure it out/reinstall/whatever.  If it's a bug, I need to know so I can roll back to 3.x since I'm getting bitched at daily about this.

Can someone please verify whether they can create a standard graph report that behaves correctly using 4.2.3?

scr512
2013-01-14 20:07:21 UTC
scr512 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/scr512] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70967#70967

Works just fine for me. I am running 4.2.3 on a VM running RHEL 6.3

Zombie Process
2013-01-14 20:15:33 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70984#70984

Hi scr512 - thanks for the input.  It doesn't look like you have the toolbar displayed for your graphs, either, though.  Can you zoom, forward/backward, etc like you can on a standard graph?  Thanks again.

Zombie Process
2013-01-14 20:35:07 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70985#70985

Just to be clear - this is the kind of thing I'm expecting to see - this is from a 3.2.1 install.

My 4.2 install has no toolbar in the graph report area (though you can see from my previous image using chrome tools that it's still referenced), and has huge gaps between graphs.

scr512
2013-01-14 21:26:59 UTC
scr512 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/scr512] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70968#70968

Ah I see. I can't ever recall having the zoom in/out options available in graph reports. Instead you select your time range in the drop down box. I can go look at my old 3.x install to see if they are there or not as well.

That said, if you wanted to send a specific resolution greater than 24 hours then you can append ?drange=<time in seconds> to the end of the report URL (if your goal is to email these things eventually)

For instance (This is from a custom multi-graph report for our Isilon cluster):

https://zenoss.local/zport/dmd/Reports/Multi-Graph%20Reports/Isilon/viewMultiGraphReportClean?drange=57600 https://zenoss.local/zport/dmd/Reports/Multi-Graph%20Reports/Isilon/viewMultiGraphReportClean?drange=57600

scr512
2013-01-14 21:43:31 UTC
scr512 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/scr512] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70969#70969

Ah you are totally right... I have happy little buttons in my 3.x install.

Zombie Process
2013-01-14 21:46:35 UTC
Zombie Process [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Zombie_Process] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70986#70986

Awesome - thanks for verifying.  I'll try to figure out how to open a bug report.

scr512
2013-01-14 21:48:29 UTC
scr512 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/scr512] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70970#70970

Well go figure, this seems to work in 4.2.3 in Internet Explorer 8 :/ Loading Image... Loading Image...

scr512
2013-01-14 21:52:03 UTC
scr512 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/scr512] created the discussion

"Re: Graph Reports in 4.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70971#70971

Actually, I stand corrected. The buttons appear but they don't work.

I see the following errors from the IE console

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:50:57 UTC

Message: 'this.zoomin.pressed' is null or not an object
Line: 254
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI: http://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js http://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js

URI: https://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js https://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js

Message: 'this.zoomin.pressed' is null or not an object
Line: 254
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI: https://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js https://zeonss.local/zport/dmd/zenrrdzoom.js