Cannot add devices
Richard Carter
2012-10-26 15:36:09 UTC
Richard Carter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/daydreamblighter] created the discussion

"Cannot add devices"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69557#69557

I have the same problem as seen in another thread.

Fresh install of Zenoss 4.2 virtual appliance. When I try to add the first device manually, I get: *error: errno 104 connection reset by peer*.

As per the other thread, *service zenoss status* shows that zenhub is not running.

The only changes I made were to networking to change it from DHCP to a static IP address and add DNS servers. I amended these two files:
*/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0*
*/etc/resolv.conf*

Please advise on how to fix. Did I follow the correct procedure to change the networking? (I'm a Windows guy normally).

If I can't get this fixed in the next few days I'll have to go back to the previous version of Zenoss.

Richard Carter
2012-10-26 19:37:32 UTC
Richard Carter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/daydreamblighter] created the discussion

"Re: Cannot add devices"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69559#69559

Problem fixed.

This time I set up a DHCP server and allowed Zenoss to get a DHCP address. Now zenhub starts and I can add devices.

Obviously I did something wrong when I manually changed the networking to use a static IP.

Please can someone advise on the correct process for setting a static IP. It's not ideal for Zenoss to use a DHCP address, even though I've given it a reservation.

Richard Carter
2012-10-27 19:56:02 UTC
Richard Carter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/daydreamblighter] created the discussion

"Re: Cannot add devices"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69568#69568

Spoke too soon. I've just restarted the Zenoss appliance (from the vSphere Client using the Guest/Shutdown command). When I restarted the appliance, the zenhub daemon won't start again.

So it seem the problem is NOT changing the IP address. The problem is simply shutting down Zenoss!