Custom Graph Creation
Darin Munn
2012-03-13 17:36:48 UTC
Darin Munn [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bsktball5008] created the discussion

"Custom Graph Creation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65151#65151

I had a very simple question that I am having a lot of trouble finding anywhere online.

I am working with custom graph creation, and when navigating to Advanced<<Monitoring Templates<<I then see the list on the left side of the page.  When I click on device, I do not see "network/switch" or "printer" as an option, but when choosing "/devices" i find that the only graph data point is sysUpTime which I have used.  I noticed that there are several other data points in the other tabs on the left, but cannot get those to work with the devices I have connected (5 switches, 2 printers).  I was wondering if there was any way that I could get those other data points into my devices, why there is not "network/switch" or "printer" as an option, and if there is a plug in or add on via ZenPack that I can use to get other pre built graphing options to use for custom graph creation.  I am running the latest 3.0 version on a windows PC via VM Player.  If I left anything out that you may need to know, please respond and I will reply promptly.

I am new to this, please help me out. Thank you in advance.