Emailing Customized Availability Reports
joanypony
2012-04-26 12:54:28 UTC
joanypony [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joanypony] created the discussion

"Emailing Customized Availability Reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66082#66082

Hi All,

I know how to do the generic emailing of the default availability report.

reportmail -U blah -p blah -u http://zenoss.domain.com:8080/zport/dmd/reports#report:.zport.dmd.Reports.Performance%20Reports.Availability%20Report http://zenoss.domain.com:8080/zport/dmd/reports#report:.zport.dmd.Reports.Performance%20Reports.Availability%20Report

What I want to do, is to send an email report every morning of the availibility of the /status/web event class. The default Zenoss availability report measures /status/ping.
How/where can I consistantly pull the same data and make it email-able? It doesn't have to use reportmail but I need to get this info by email to the boss every morning..

Any help/suggestions really appreciated..

Regards,
Joan

dpetzel
2012-04-26 23:21:28 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Emailing Customized Availability Reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66091#66091

You can use a DMD script to deliver pretty much whatever you want using cron and python's internal email libraries.

I'm not exactly sure without digging a little deeper what options you have on event data in status/web. I've only done tabularized results of RRD data, but I can't see why you wouldnt be able to get the data you are after in DMD.

Linuchis Kl
2012-12-06 03:13:18 UTC
Linuchis Kl [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linuchis] created the discussion

"Re: Emailing Customized Availability Reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70376#70376

Hey!!

IÂŽm new on zenoss core 4.2 and I need to export data from graphs reports so I think I need a script to extract data from the rrd files but I donÂŽt know how to do it, so do you have any idea about how to do it??

I have checked this link http://docs.huihoo.com/zenoss/admin-guide/2.4.2/ch12s04.html#d4e4995 http://docs.huihoo.com/zenoss/admin-guide/2.4.2/ch12s04.html#d4e4995 but I donÂŽt understand anything.

What I need is export data from reports that I created to an excel file

Regards!!