Zenoss Community Newsletter
Andrew Kirch
2013-03-25 12:04:02 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Zenoss Community Newsletter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72583#72583

Hey all,
Next Month (April), we'll be starting a quarterly community newsletter.  First and most important, we will be taking input/submissions from the community, and that actually starts now!
err...
ok fine now.
We're going to have an event schedule, articles on free and commercial zenpacks, and the folks that write them, tips and tricks but I want to know what else you're intrested in, and I'm providing some (non-mandatory totally optional) suggestions, and am interested in yours.
Thought leadership stuff you can show your boss
Notes from me on what I'm doing
roadmap/product direction information from our engineering folks in their mountain lair
howtos

So anyway, what do you want to know about what it is we're doing, what do we want to know about what you're doing?

Floyd Strimling
2013-03-27 17:46:55 UTC
Floyd Strimling [http://community.zenoss.org/people/fstrimling] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Community Newsletter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72621#72621

Looking forward to it!

jcurry
2013-03-28 18:45:50 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Community Newsletter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72636#72636

Hey Andrew - this looks good - and needs more input!  Come on guys (and gals) - Zenoss hasn't actually asked us what we wanted for at least 2 years!

Events calendar - defintely.
There used to be a tip for the month section here - we should reinstate that, publish the best in the quarter in the newsletter and award a T-shirt.
ZenPack highlights - definitely.
Quarterly update on release schedule / roadmap / bug fixes - also requests for input to the roadmap occasionally - either canvas for folk's wishlist and/or provide development's to-do list and have the community offer their order of priority (without holding Zenoss to it ).
"Andrew's Agony Column" - Andrew responds to someone's pet request / winge / compliment?
"Core Concerns" - update from Andrew on what the Core team has been doing in the last 3 months.
There should be at least one contribution to each newsletter from non-Zenoss employees - that means US, folks!

Cheers,
Jane

2013-03-29 13:08:38 UTC

"Re: Zenoss Community Newsletter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72648#72648

I like the Tip of the month idea. We can certainly contribute newsletter entries, though I don't always have something to say...

I would like to see some input to the roadmap, or at least some way to take a few feature requests and give some feedback - even if it's "we're not doing that in our roadmap"...

Daniel Rich
2013-08-01 16:10:24 UTC
Daniel Rich [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sjthespian] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Community Newsletter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74268#74268

Tips-n-tricks are definitely things that I would like to see more of. Whether it's a few useful REST commands, some common zendmd tricks, or somethign as complicated as how to create data points and graphs w/o using the GUI; they're all things that would be useful to multiple users.