New Manual 4.2.3 Install on Centos 6.4 - mysql-client >=5.5.13 dependency
iamzam
2013-04-08 17:43:06 UTC
iamzam [http://community.zenoss.org/people/iamzam] created the discussion

"New Manual 4.2.3 Install on Centos 6.4 - mysql-client >=5.5.13 dependency"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72734#72734

Hello everyone

I have followed the Zenoss Core Installation Guide version 01-012013-4.2-v09 and I have installed the latest MySQL-client rpm version 5.6.10-1 and I get the following error:

Error: Package: zenoss-4.2.3-1695.el6.x86_64 (/zenoss_core-4.2.3.el6.x86_64)
           Requires: mysql-client >= 5.5.13
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I have tried using --skip-broken which doesn't work, I have tried various combinations of MySQL-client and MySQL-server 5.6 and 5.5.

Is there a magic combination of package versions to install?  The exact version suggested in the pdf ( MySQL-client-5.5.28-1.linux2.6.x86_64.rpm ) doesn't exist anymore at mysql.com and the only 5.5 version available is 5.5.30-1 which doesn't work with the zenoss_core-4.2.3.el6.x86_64.rpm .

There is no mysql-client rpm (all lowercase) at any repository (epel, rpmforge) or even rpmfind.net so I am pretty stumped at this point how so many of you managed to install zenoss-core at all.  Is it because I am doing the manual install and the auto-install works better?

Thanks for any leads you can give me at this point...

-dv

Andrew Kirch
2013-04-08 17:55:32 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: New Manual 4.2.3 Install on Centos 6.4 - mysql-client >=5.5.13 dependency"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72721#72721

Use the community script to do the install, it'll grab the correct MySQL.

nilie
2013-04-09 18:54:48 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: New Manual 4.2.3 Install on Centos 6.4 - mysql-client >=5.5.13 dependency"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72753#72753

If like me, you still want to do a manual installation then you can download them from http://wiki.zenoss.org/download/core/mysql/ http://wiki.zenoss.org/download/core/mysql/

In my opinion Zenoss dev team should consider solving this problem before we run into trouble. Someday a nasty unforeseen vulnerability could be discovered and we will find ourselves in un uncomfortable position beiong forced to use an unpatched version of MySQL which is a no-go on most corporate networks. It is OK to stay with MySQL v5.5 but being locked into 5.5.27 or earlier is simply looking for trouble.