Regex for Process monitoring
Rogelio Perez
2013-05-13 16:41:20 UTC
Rogelio Perez [http://community.zenoss.org/people/neoperez] created the discussion

"Regex for Process monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73178#73178

Hi all,

I need to monitor a perl process running on a Linux server with SNMP enabled, however if I enter 'perl' as the regex pattern for the OS process I will also be checking another process I'm not interested in, so I need to filter by the perl parameters.
These are the 2 processes:

3133 ?        Ss   403:04 ./perl ./cdrserver.pl
3141 ?        Ss     0:12 ./perl ./logpp

The one I need is cdrserver.pl, I tried different regular expressions but none worked, can you help me out?

Thanks,
Rogelio