mysql monitor no graphs + conn question
xlancealot
2012-02-29 15:34:23 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"mysql monitor no graphs + conn question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64852#64852

I'm currently running the newest 3.2.1 version and just installed the mysql monitor 2.1.3 successfully.  I have 2 issues that I need a little help on.   The 1st is when adding to a running mysql server, I am not getting any errors in the event viewer, but not getting any data.  I'm sure sure what log those would appear in, but a grep -i mysql * in the log folder, I am seeing a lot of the following and it seems to be zenoss failing to connect to the remote;

zenjobs.log:MySQLConnectionError: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/zenoss/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)")
zenjobs.log:  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/MySqlSendEvent.py", line 79, in sendEvent
zenjobs.log:  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/MySqlSendEvent.py", line 385, in _sendHeartbeat

As root, I have no problems connecting;

[***@server log]# mysql -h mysql1
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 180057844
Server version: 5.1.50-community-log MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
mysql>

Now, when I switch to the zenoss user, and issue the same command, it simply fails;

[***@server log]$  mysql -u 'root' -h 'mysql1' -P '3006'
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql1' (110)

I'm not a mysql guru, so will do some reading on that, but it maybe something someone hit already and knows the fix.  I did try on the server template to change the user to root and blank the password since skip-grant's is running (and you can see from the above).

The other thing is more a config. I would like to know the amount of mysql connections on the box.  The out of the box graph's don't show, but is that something I can get (and graph) from this monitor as well?

Thanks