ZENOSS CORE 4.2 AUTODEPLOY: Starting
Bertrand Simon
2012-08-20 15:29:08 UTC
Bertrand Simon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Clonewars] created the discussion

"ZENOSS CORE 4.2 AUTODEPLOY: Starting rabbitmq-server: FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_{log, _err} rabbitmq-server. Command failure: /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68027#68027

My problem occurs when I try to run Rabbitmq.

When I check the log file this is what I see:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

ERROR: epmd error for host "zenoss4": address (unable to establish tcp connection)

Daniel Robbins
2012-08-20 21:14:56 UTC
Daniel Robbins [http://community.zenoss.org/people/drobbins] created the discussion

"Re: ZENOSS CORE 4.2 AUTODEPLOY: Starting rabbitmq-server: FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_{log, _err} rabbitmq-server. Command failure: /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68036#68036

Did you change your hostname by any chance? rabbitmq is very hostname-sensitive and requires some tweaking after the hostname has been changed.

Regards,

Daniel

phreddrick
2012-08-20 23:01:58 UTC
phreddrick [http://community.zenoss.org/people/phreddrick] created the discussion

"Re: ZENOSS CORE 4.2 AUTODEPLOY: Starting rabbitmq-server: FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_{log, _err} rabbitmq-server. Command failure: /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68037#68037

I see this same error message on the first server start up from the VMware image with no modifications (just converted to ESX). Also, when I log into the web UI on that image and try to go through and set the Admin password and initial user, nothing happens. Next button doesn't work, but that may be a topic for another discussion.