OSProcesses and monitoring via SSH (Command)
William Wheatley
2013-01-15 06:06:30 UTC
William Wheatley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/iwill] created the discussion

"OSProcesses and monitoring via SSH (Command)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70972#70972

Hi All,

I am using zenoss 4.2.0 on CentOS 6.

I am a long time user of ZenOSS, but I have always monitored via SNMP. I have recently setup a ZenOSS instance for a client, where they are monitoing Cloud Virtual Server instances, and they cannot use SNMP (for various reasons).

I have set it all up and everything is working to monitor over SSH, I have all the stats that I want. But as far as I can see OSProcesses do *not* collect data over SSH. They definately model data correctly over SSH, and I have some custom process and regexes and that is working great, I can see the process correctly in the console. But when I take a process down I am never notified. I have trawled through the code, and I can see that there is code for collecting this data, other than via SNMP.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this by intent, or is my install screwy? (If it is by intent, I think it should be stated more clearly in the doco)
2. If it is by intent, I would like to develop this to get it working, who can I speak to about proceeding with the development?

Thanks! :)