Monitor Virtual Hosts - HTTP Service
mrebmann
2012-11-23 13:08:12 UTC
mrebmann [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mrebmann] created the discussion

"Monitor Virtual Hosts - HTTP Service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70089#70089

Hi all

I've got a Linux web server with several virtual hosts on it. Now I want to monitor the http service of each website/virtual host.
This means, that a script or something should check, if it receives an http answer from this website.

e.g.
Website: www.monitor.com

I would like to send frequently http requests to this website (virtual host) in ordner to know if this website is online or not.
So, when the Apache or Tomcat crashes, there shouldn't be any response and I want to get this alert.

Is this possible with Zenoss or a Zenpack for v4.2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Michael

hydruid
2012-11-26 02:08:56 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor Virtual Hosts - HTTP Service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70153#70153

Hello,

By default it won't automatically monitor the actual Apache/tomcat processes, but it should automatically detect HTTP and monitor it as a 'HTTP Service'. Therefore when Apache/tomcat crashes, you should receive an alert that the HTTP Service is down.

Hydruid