Device monitored by Zenoss collector shows "UP" even-though collector is shutdown
Yap T.E
2012-12-10 08:27:53 UTC
Yap T.E [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jokerman1.1] created the discussion

"Device monitored by Zenoss collector shows "UP" even-though collector is shutdown"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70430#70430

Hi All,

I am using Centos 6.3 + Zenoss 4.2 + Distributed Collector 2.0 by Egor.

I am currently testing Zenoss 4.2 is a test environment whereby it will be deployed
in the next few months.

I have encountered this particular problem, whereby, a device connected to a remote collector
shows the "UP" status eventhough the remote collector is shutdown.

However, if the device connected to the remote collector is turn off, the status on  Zenoss
changes to "DOWN" for that device.

Fig 1.
Zenoss HQ --------------> Zenoss Remote Collector ------> xDSL router.

Have any of you "Guru's" experienced this before and solved it? If you have, can you please
share your experience.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.