Disable Events for a Group
Pete Starnes
2013-07-09 22:31:26 UTC
Pete Starnes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pstarnes] created the discussion

"Disable Events for a Group"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73867#73867

Is it possible to disable all events for a particular group?  I would like to monitor devices up/down time and/or BW usage without creating an event when it is offline.

(Just to be clear I'm not talking about notifications, I want to supress all Events for a device period.  We have Mobile LTE devices that I like to monitor but don't want our Event Screen/Dashboard filling up with mobile devices when they are offline)

2013-07-10 12:38:40 UTC

"Re: Disable Events for a Group"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73906#73906

Well, not exactly - what you can do is use a transform that matches on the device group (at least I think this is possible) and sets status of the events to drop...

CLASSE Computer Group

Pete Starnes
2013-07-10 14:55:41 UTC
Pete Starnes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pstarnes] created the discussion

"Re: Disable Events for a Group"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73916#73916

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I couldn't get a transform to work based on the Device Group but I'm sure it is possible.  I just couldn't figure out how to use the Devicegroups variable.  What I did was move all the Mobile devices into a new location called Mobile (which makes more sense anyway!)  Then I applied this transform (which I found in the documentation) on the Event Class Status/Ping:

if device and "Mobile" in device.getLocationName(): evt._action = "history"

This way I can still view the event log on the device but they don't show up in my active Events screen on the Dashboard or under the Events tab.

-Pete