Any way to alert on event rate?
tasdienes
2012-08-14 03:26:03 UTC
tasdienes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tasdienes] created the discussion

"Any way to alert on event rate?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67800#67800

I would like to generat an alert if zenoss receives more than a threshold number of events per minute in a couple of specifc event classes.  The events are coming from syslog and Windows event logs.  So I figure I need a way to generate a new event (on which I can base an alerting rule) whenever that condition is met (for example, if the number of events in class /Test in the last 10 minutes > 10).  Anyone know of a reasonable way to do that?

Thanks,
Tas