Handling changing process versions
jregovic
2013-12-06 20:30:13 UTC
jregovic [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jregovic] created the discussion

"Handling changing process versions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75429#75429

We have a number of java applications that include information on the version and application name in the arguments.

If I use the default process settings, we see process not running events when the version changes until we remodel the device.

When I set the process to ignore parameters either on model or altogether, I just get "java" as the component name, which is of no help. Is there a way to include the arguments as the component name, but have it not proces the version number, or do I need to write something to handle it?