Ping Notification
David Oromaner
2013-09-27 20:25:13 UTC
David Oromaner [http://community.zenoss.org/people/davido] created the discussion

"Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74780#74780

I'm new to Zenoss.I tired looking for another post on this but could not find anything. We would like to set up email notifications for any server in our infrastrusture that is not responding to Ping. I've set up the user with the email address as well as configured and successfully tested our SMTP settings.I realize notifications are done through Events->Triggers but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be configured and in what order.
Thanks!
Dave

hydruid
2013-09-28 15:35:11 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74783#74783

Dave,

Below are the steps I do on a fresh install to configure notifications for
critical events.

Events -> Triggers -> Create new -> ID = Critical
     Enabled=Checked
     Rule=All
     Device Production State - Equals - Production
     Status - Equals - New
     Severity - Equals - Critial
Users Tab -> Check all 3 boxes under Local Trigger Permissions -> Add users
-> check both boxes for users -> Submit

Events -> Triggers -> Notifications -> Create new -> ID = 5min -> Action
Email
     Enabled=Checked
     Delay=300
     Add "Critical" trigger at the bottom
Subscribers Tab -> Check all 3 boxes under Local Trigger Permissions -> Add
subscribers -> check both boxes for users -> Submit

That will create a trigger for all critical events and send an email
notification after 5 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Hydruid

David Oromaner
2013-10-08 16:48:42 UTC
David Oromaner [http://community.zenoss.org/people/davido] created the discussion

"Re: Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74871#74871

Hydruid,
Thanks for your response! It does help and points me in the right direction, however, under Edit Trigger Settings I'm not seeing:
  Status - Equals - New
  Severity - Equals - Critial

I'm using the latest release. What version are you using?

All other instructions you wrote seem to be correct but I don't know where to define the severity for the event in the release I'm using. Any other help would be apprieciated.
Thanks,
Dave

2013-10-08 16:53:23 UTC

"Re: Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74876#74876

In 4.2.4 I find them in the dropdown - select Status. Then select Equals, then select New. Same for the second one...

CLASSE Computer Group

hydruid
2013-10-08 16:56:39 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74872#74872

I second James Pulver's response.....see attached screenshot

David Oromaner
2013-10-08 17:08:57 UTC
David Oromaner [http://community.zenoss.org/people/davido] created the discussion

"Re: Ping Notification"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74877#74877

Great that worked! Thanks to both of you,
Best,
Dave

hydruid
2013-10-08 17:48:20 UTC