Vmware vsphere CLI installation breaks Zenoss libraries
azers
2013-02-07 16:53:24 UTC
azers [http://community.zenoss.org/people/azers] created the discussion

"Vmware vsphere CLI installation breaks Zenoss libraries"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71422#71422

I have been running zenoss 4.2 and most recently upgraded to 4.2.3. I haven't had an issue that I couldn't solve through googling or searching the forums here until now. I installed cli 5.0 on rhel6.3 64bit (zenoss host). I had an issue previously where I screwed up the vmware tools libaries trying to get all the depenancies figured out, but I reverted to an older snapshot and fixed that. I verified that resxtop was working and then I also verified that I could model a device. I came in this morning planning to add my esx host to zenoss. I went to model it and it failed. I modeled the older device I did last night and it failed as well.

here is the output from the modeler.

ERROR:Application:Could not import Products.ZenStatus
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 606, in import_product
product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenStatus/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
import nmap
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenStatus/nmap/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
from lxml import etree as _etree
ImportError: /usr/lib64/libxslt.so.1: symbol xmlXPathCompiledEvalToBoolean, version LIBXML2_2.6.27 not defined in file libxml2.so.2 with link time reference
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/DataCollector/zenmodeler.py", line 1098, in <module>
dc = ZenModeler()
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/DataCollector/zenmodeler.py", line 93, in __init__
PBDaemon.__init__(self)
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenHub/PBDaemon.py", line 540, in __init__
ZenDaemon.__init__(self, noopts, keeproot)
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZenDaemon.py", line 58, in __init__
super(ZenDaemon, self).__init__(noopts)
File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/CmdBase.py", line 99, in __init__
import_products()
File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 583, in import_products
import_product(product_dir, product_name, raise_exc=debug_mode)

Alan Milligan
2013-02-11 18:48:11 UTC
Alan Milligan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/milligana] created the discussion

"Re: Vmware vsphere CLI installation breaks Zenoss libraries"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71448#71448

you need to compile/recompile the python-lxml package against the libxml2 you've got installed on your OS.

azers
2013-02-28 18:13:40 UTC
azers [http://community.zenoss.org/people/azers] created the discussion

"Re: Vmware vsphere CLI installation breaks Zenoss libraries"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72230#72230

I couldn't figureout how to recompile it. But I did find way to install everything necessary via yum. CPAN probably broke something along the way when I was installing dependencies by hand.

FYI - this is what I found I had to do on a CentOS 64bit minimal install to get the VMware CLI 5.1 installed and working.

1. yum -y install openssl-devel libxml2-devel e2fsprogs-devel perl perl-CPAN gcc make libuuid-devel
2. **NOTE VMware CLI is not 64bit, so you need to install the 32bit libraries - the following was specifically to make sure resxtop was working**
3. yum -y install glibc.i686 zlib.i686 ncurses-libs.i686 libstdc++.i686 libxml2.i686