Nagios - multiple lines/values
Robert Bell
2011-10-24 21:23:23 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62107#62107

We've written a python script to parse JSON data and I'm using zencommand to get the data. The problem is only the first value is ever read by Zenoss. How do I get Zenoss to acceopt multiple lines of output from my Nagios script? The first value works great and gets graphed but I have about 10 performance data values I need from this script

this is 3.2.1

Robert Bell
2011-10-24 23:53:39 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62108#62108

the Nagios parser definitly seems broken, I was tying to fix it but its just easier to use the Cacti format

item:value item2:value2 etc

2011-10-25 11:58:41 UTC

"Re: Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62110#62110

What version of Zenoss? V3.2 has that bug as a known issue. 3.2.1 fixes it, or there are patches for 3.2...

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Robert Bell
2011-10-25 17:49:32 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62146#62146

this is 3.2.1.  I did not originally notice the option to select the parser and it was on Auto, so maybe just the Auto parser is broken but we'd already changed the script to Cacti, which works with Auto and  Cacti.  The end result is the same, I just thuink the documentation needs to be better. Linking to the Nagios website is really not the best way to document this. Just put in an example of what the Nagio parser is expecting, including multi-value responses.

2011-10-25 17:53:19 UTC

"Re: Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62148#62148

http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-2445#Why_doesnt_my_script_work_Im_outputting_Nagios_Format_to_stdout http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-2445#Why_doesnt_my_script_work_Im_outputting_Nagios_Format_to_stdout

Gives an example.

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Robert Bell
2011-10-25 17:59:55 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: Nagios - multiple lines/values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62122#62122

Sure does and I tried that format. If it is THE correct format maybe the Admin Guide ( http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9451 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9451) should be updated too because that page links to the Nagios website that shows one result per line.  The Nagios parser is even doing a string split on \n when it checks for multiple values.

the Nagios parser does work, just not for multiple values.