Datasource command timed out
mikea730
2013-09-27 00:25:59 UTC
mikea730 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikea730] created the discussion

"Datasource command timed out"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74759#74759

We're running Zenoss Core 4.2.4 (test upgrade) on RedHat 6 and Zenoss 3.2.1 (production).  I just added a very simple zencommand script on both Zenoss 3.2.1 and Zenoss 4.2.4.  everything works great on Zenoss 3.2.1.  But on Zenoss 4.2.4 I'm getting timeouts.

I've increased both the zCommandCommandTimeout and the zCommandLogintimeout (probably useless, but I increased it anyway).  I restarted the zencommand service.  The event condition is triggered and I see an event, but then I get a timeout event and the original event clears and then a new event is created and this keeps repeating.

I even went as far as taking all the code out of the perl script that's being called and now it only prints the expected output to stdout.  So the script has no delay now and timeout still  occurs.  So this has to be something else.  Note, that the timeout does not occur when the script returns a zero return code signalling no alert condition.

I know this question has been posted a bunch of times, but the common resolution of increasing the timeout values does not seem to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Thomas Tomlinson
2013-11-29 20:41:58 UTC
Thomas Tomlinson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tomtom1234] created the discussion

"Re: Datasource command timed out"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75366#75366

I'm seeing the same thing on 4.2.4.  I initially thought this was an ssh issue but after adding a local command template (executes on the zenoss manager only, not ssh) the same behavior occurs.  In both cases the end of a manual zencommand run produces this output:

2013-11-29 13:35:29,641 DEBUG zen.pbclientfactory: Lost connection to ::1:8789 - [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

Thomas Tomlinson
2013-11-29 22:48:34 UTC
Thomas Tomlinson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tomtom1234] created the discussion

"Re: Datasource command timed out"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75367#75367

Looks like this is a bug in the 4.2.4 GA release.  It's in the latest SP (SP179) as ZEN-8833.