Report & display of specific OID values
spawn!!!
2012-03-05 16:05:55 UTC
spawn!!! [http://community.zenoss.org/people/spawn%21%21%21] created the discussion

"Report & display of specific OID values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64923#64923

Hi Guys,

I have want to do three things.

1. Display certain OID's result (current) of certain in a table format and gets refresh to be updated or in a specific location like in Dashboard or in report tab. These values will be pulled from the rrd files which is already been collected in zenoss. So that we avoid polling snmp data from same device twice.
2. How to set up a report to pull the OID and devices based in zenoss? I tried to do custom report but not successful in the attempts.
3. How to display current String value of a OID value against couple of devices and how to collect these information like we do for digit value format.

I saw couple of discussion but i wasnt getting much info. Might be i didnt get the exact page. :S

This is bit urgent. Highly appreciated for the help.

Thanks in advance.

spawn!!!
2012-03-08 17:39:22 UTC
spawn!!! [http://community.zenoss.org/people/spawn%21%21%21] created the discussion

"Re: Report & display of specific OID values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65063#65063

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me how to fomulate the query to be entered for report to display the results of OID of specific device class or device?

In column how to mention specific oids?
I was reading the manual and other discussion but i feel i cudnt figure out.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Matte
2012-03-08 18:27:41 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: Report & display of specific OID values"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65064#65064

You can't use the "Custom Device Reports" section to display RRD info.  You need to actually program a custom report and report plugin.  There are several ZenPacks out there that include custom reports in them, you can use those as reference.  You can also look at the reports in $ZENHOME/Products/ZenReports/reports and the plugins in $ZENHOME/Products/ZenReports/plugins.  The plugins retrieve the data and the reports display the data.

If you add your report and plugin directly in those directories you need to do the following as the zenoss user for Zenoss to recognize it:

python $ZENHOME/Products/ZenReports/ReportLoader.py --force

After that you need to restart Zope.

You can also package the reports in a ZenPack at which point the above will be done automatically during ZenPack installation.